Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Latest

Thought I would toss out some of what has been going on, or not going on. I've been in the revising mode for my book, which I really enjoy and can get a bit obsessive about. I've just been contacting some of the other publishers that I have talked to in the past and seeing what there new thoughts might be. Letting them know I have one publisher offering, so maybe that would encourage them to step up as well. I am waiting on one big lead, that I think could really take things up a notch.

On the job front, I have an interview with a church tomorrow for their middle school pastor position. I'm unsure of how I feel about things right now. I've been in this position before, looking for a job but not necessarily a new home, yet it always feels a bit uncharted. I feel at home here in Grand Haven, with family, friends, and a good community. But what about that crazy little thing called a job? I feel like God has delighted and celebrated me with gifts and talents, and I have given and will continue to give them back to Him with celebration and praise. Now it's finding a third party that will join us in the celebration, so to speak. My eleven years in the church sometimes has me wondering if this is the best fit. Looking back, I do have to praise the Reformed church for the opportunities given me and how well the work has been handled. When I moved to Grand Haven a church invited me to do some consulting with their youth leaders, and to spend some time dreaming with the students. They set clear expectations and paid me very well, which really helped my wife and I get going here. All in all it was a great experience. I spoke at a camp last summer, and it was one of the best weeks I have experienced, sharing what God has placed on my heart and having been generously taken care of for it. I am speaking at two camps this summer, and they have been very generous and gracious in the process. I was recently asked, "What, outside of the obvious "God" answer, has been and will be key to experiencing the best in ministry?" That is in fact quite easy; an opportunity to give my all, plus guidance and encouragement within that opportunity. This is all I ask.

More than anything I want to be obedient and honoring to God and what He has placed inside me, and how to best express that. I'll do anything to take care of my family, but I don't see why that would have to be divorced from being obedient to the gifts and talents God has given me.

On the giddy up
Wallace D.

4 comments:

nathan sean said...

i'm praying for you to get the opportunity to give it your all and that you'll get the best guidance and encouragement that is out there.

it's too bad that it couldn't be at watermark... but God's timing and purposes always seem to be better than MY desires. ;)

just a tip on the interview... leave Jimbo in the bag.

Sara Maria said...

You should go to an interview as crazy Santa down by the river guy. Dont listen to that guy who posted above me.

Wally Harrison said...

Jimbo is only to be used in case of emergency, all other times find me being asked to turn my head and cough, as well as taking random drug tests.

Jimmy Bizbang said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.