1. Out of 6 billion people in the world, 1.2 billion live on $0.23/day. While the wealthiest 1 billion have an average income of $70/day.
2. 1/2 of the world lives on less than $2/day.
3. More than 1 billion people are without safe drinking water while Americans consume 26 billion liters of just bottled water/year.
4. Every 16 seconds someone in the world dies of hunger while 2/3’s Americans are considered overweight.
5. Americans spend more annually on trash bags than nearly half the world does on all goods combined.
6. The average new home size in Ireland-930 sq. ft; U.K 815 sq. ft.; Japan 1000 sq. ft.; U.S. 2349 sq. ft.
7. 2 billion people in the world have no electricity
8. 22 million died from preventable diseases in 2001–10 million were children.
9. 4/5 American adults are high school graduates. 1/4 children worldwide go to work instead of school each day.
10. 8% of people own a car in the world; 33% of American families own 3 cars.