Saturday, February 07, 2004

I had small group last night with our newly wed group, it's pretty much a guarantee that we will have an awesome time. Just an awesome group of people who are learning how to do this marriage thing together. It was our first meeting in about two months so we didn't get home until almost 2am which it would be easy for our group to pull an all nighter without even knowing it.

I've been reading a book by Doug Fields that is a great reminder of what ministry is all about and how to be the most effective youth leader possible. Mike Edwards and myself have been e-mailing each other like crazy about all the different ideas and thoughts that float around in our heads (he gets the pleasure of trying to decifer my ramblings) and it is a HUGE encouragement and challenge to me. I just started a book club, so to speak, with friends spread out through a couple of states and we are going to break down our thoughts on the book "Adventures in Missing the Point," by Brian Mclaren and Tony Campolo which is a great book for challenging your typical thinking. Any way I'm heading on a date with my wife, we're going to catch "Mystic River," which I've heard is awesome, and then we'll use some gift cards for some eats

Giddy up! Wally

No comments: