Tuesday, October 19, 2004

It's still not

It's been a little while since my last post, as things seem to be pretty darn busy for me. Moto is rockin along and I am lovin being back in the community of middle schoolers again as they are, no question, a catalyst for the movement. We went to two gatherings this past Sunday for Watermark and it seemed to be a huge hit and I can't wait to see how God moves as we have opened up more room for people to do life together with us. Cession is hoppin and it has been really cool meeting at Jumpin Java coffee house, but we are already running into space issues. It's an awesome problem to have and so we are on the hunt for some more space. We are looking at a building tomorrow that would house Cession and Moto most likely as we are running into space problems with Moto as well (another great problem to have). I am loving the rawness that is within Moto and the genuine seeking that is going on amongst the students, so the key is to really keep an ethos that is open to conversations and that raw questioning. One of my favorite things about middle schoolers is they are, for the most part, not too sucked in by the christian sub-culture that has marred the church in a million different ways. They see past all the lame t-shirts and cheezy bumper stickers right to the heart of people. I can honestly say that I have been more stretched and challenged in my faith by middle schoolers than by anyone else. So if you know a middle schooler or see one wandering around, hug them and say God has HUGE plans for you and for the love of all Moto is NOT a goat's hoof.

a goats's hoof
Wallace D.

No comments: