Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Favorite Reads of 2008

Thought I might toss out some of my favorite reads of 2008 (what I read, not necessarily released in 08) for fun and maybe you might pick a few up for 2009. I am currently reading Rejesus and loving it. I'm anticipating the release of two new books by Donald Miller in the new year.

The Shack, by William Paul Young (I thought it was ok, but I put it on due to all the hype and many others have taken to it)

Wild Goose Chase, by Mark Batterson

Wide awake, by Erwin McManus

Surprised By Hope, by N.T. Wright

The Reason for God, by Tim Keller

The Prodigal God, also Tim Keller (both books are brilliant)

Jesus Wants to Save Christians, by Rob Bell & Don Golden

Jesus For President, by Shane Claiborne & Chris Haw (absolutely beautiful and probably my favorite!!)

Two books I read each year, To Own A Dragon (Donald Miller) and The Outsiders (S.E. Hinton).

Merry Christmas everyone
Wallace D.

No comments: