Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Exponential Conference

Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend the Exponential Conference in Orlando, Florida, and it was such a refreshing, mind renewing time. It included one of my favorite speakers, Erwin McManus, and a new favorite in Franchis Chan, as well as many FREE books and resources. I got to run around Disney World's Epcot Center for free and eat at a few very tasty restaraunts, again for free. But beyond all that, the two things that really sat with me was time away with the ecclesia staff and listening to speaker after speaker talk passionately about relying on God to grow the church up OUT of the culture, rather than dropping a church into the culture. I was encouraged that it will NOT be OUR hard work, although important, that will grow ecclesia, but it will be our dependance on the Holy Spirit to move and lead us.

GOD IS GOOD, HE WILL PROVIDE AND WILL CONTINUE TO FATHER US TO MATURITY
Wallace D.

No comments: