Saturday, May 15, 2004

It's just you

Well the lady and I made it to Cali this morning and immediately went house hunting, found a few possibilities. The weather of course was beautiful and the feeling of "freedom" to embrace who God has created me to be was very refreshing. My heart is completely buried in a million things right now as I tackle a new life, a new ministry, and the distance from all I have ever known. I need God more than I have ever needed Him in my life right now, which is scary and the greatest feeling, all at the same time I guess.

I finished 'Unlearning Church' on the drive out, when my wife was driving, and it was just an amazing book. I am unlearning a whole lot about what it means to be a Christ follower and what it means to be a "leader." I have been dubbed a "softy" in my leadership style as well as in life and I am thankful for that. I can only "lead" and love out of the love that I have received from our Lord, so I pray that I will always be a "softy" when it comes to the giving and receiving of God's perfect love.

I am in need of a lot of quiet time listening to God and allowing him to heal my heart and then break me for this new mission he has called me to. I am praying for the development of a "team" and a "family" in ministry. I know who I want to do life with and who I want to be my "family" but that's me and so I'll wait to see who God fuses together.

and me here now
Wallace D.

No comments: