Thursday, June 03, 2004

Learning to Unlearn

What an awesome night at the cma conference! The program was all over the board, music ranged from Gospel, to James Taylorish, to Steven Curtis Chapmanish, and the speakers ranged from conservative to, well, Erwin. And man did Erwin light a fire to my heart once again, nailing it down. He spoke out of Acts 17 verses 16-32 I believe, and it was awesome the way he unravels the scriptures and makes them come alive with such passion and relevancy. Any way looking forward to hearing some more tomorrow and then Friday is all geared towards church planting, so I'm really excited about that.

On a different note I have played basketball two days in a row now and it has made me realize how much I enjoy it and how much I miss it. The game brings out a fire in me that living in the downriver took out and it brings out a desire to be with and around people, why I don't know, but it does. I've missed that and I miss just the competition it ignites in me and it just gives me an extra hitch in my giddy up.

I also picked up a new book today, "The church of irrestible influence," and I'm enjoying the feel of it so far. It has a lot of good stuff for us as a church plant and tells a lot of good stories on reaching our surrounding communities. Any way, I'll be letting you know how it moves along.

Wallace D.

No comments: