Sunday, April 27, 2008

Person to Porcelain Evangelism


After arriving in Detroit to fly to Florida, I used an airport bathroom where I found a "Christian" track left on each urinal. I of course took one, because I had to know how I was going to find the Lord after, or during a time of relieving myself. The track read, "From the desk of Jesus: The thing I want most is for you to spend eternity in heaven within a mansion I have built just for you. All you have to do is say these words..." This is where it asks you to say out loud that you are a sinful person, then ask Jesus into your heart, and you will go to heaven and have your very own mansion built by Jesus himself. You, on the other hand, have no responsibility but to skip around and wait for your number to be called, then you can check into your mansion where you will spend an eternity in some sort of resort called heaven. Is this the best we can do? Impersonal, get all you can gospel, with a great prize in the bottom of the cereal box. Now, I know God can use any method He so desires to pour out His amazing love and grace onto people, but a peek into His word and a look back at history and it seems that His favorite way is through relationships. Which looks more like person-to-person, not so much person to porcelain. Well I'm off to 85 degree weather and lying by the pool, while dreaming of my porcelain mansion in the clouds...or something like that.

They call me Pastor of Pee?
Wallace D.

No comments: