Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Let's get Wild

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only [Son], who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14)

Our great Father sent His son to dwell among us, with us, and this wild man changes all of history. The first fourteen verses of the book of John shake me, they overwhelm my senses, and I cannot sit still. The humility, passion, compassion and all consuming love of a Father. He gave His all that we might know Him, experience the fullness of life that comes by a life lived through the person of Jesus Christ.

"Full of grace and truth."

Nothing could be more striking, this way of life seems so contradictory to us today. Both, grace and truth, really? I see it, I read it, and yet I cannot comprehend it with my feeble mind. Yet God gives us His eyes to see, His ears to hear, so that we may experience life and life to the full.

My friends, it is time to giddy up!
Wallace D.

No comments: